Ms Grace Tan
RAD CBTS Ballet Mistress
- Ballet (RAD Syllabus)
Royal Academy of Dance Advanced 2
Youth Olympic Games Opening and Closing ceremony in 2010
Ms Grace started dancing at a tender age of 4 under the tutelage of Ms Kok Hui Shi. She has completed her Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Grade 1 – 8 and her vocational exams – Advance 1 with straight distinctions. Throughout her entire dance journey, she has gone through countless competitions and performances and participated in several prestigious events. These experiences have been valuable to her and have groomed her into a versatile dancer who excels in different genres of dance, and also a well-seasoned performer with good stage presence.
The following are her involvement and achievements in dance:
- In 2005: she won the RAD Summer School outstanding dancer award.
- In 2005, 2006 and 2007: she won 1st position and perpetual trophy for Neo-Classical Group.
- In 2007: she was the Level 5 winner in the CSTD Summer School. From there, she received a scholarship to New Zealand School Of Dance where she received coaching from renowned teachers.
- She moved on under the umbrella of The School Of Dance Senior Dance Group. The group won numerous trophies in The Commonwealth Society Of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Asia Pacific Dance Competition.
- In 2009: 1st position for “Waltz of The Flower” – Classical Group
- In 2010: 1st position for “Jaiho” – Neo Classical Group
- In 2011: 1st position for “Always There” – Neo Classical Group and 1st runner up for under 15 Neo-Classical & Lyrical Solo.
- She was selected to perform in the Youth Olympic Games Opening and Closing ceremony in 2010 and National Day Parade in 2011. She was also selected to perform for “Child Aid” in December 2011 held by Singapore Press Holdings, which garnered her press coverage twice.
- She then moved on to be a part of Dancepointe Academy Senior Apprentice Team.
- In 2015: 1st position for Contemporary Group Open and 1st position for Freestyle Group Open (CSTD Asia Pacific) The team also won Overall Champion, First in Ethnic and First in Contemporary for Europe Grand Prix Dance Competition 2015 (Barcelona, Spain).
- In 2016: Honourable Mention in Group Neo Classical
- In 2017: Third in Group Neo Classical
The rigour in her training over the years has trained her to be a dancer of exceptional caliber, an individual of instilled perseverance and determination. As a ballet teacher, Grace believes that a relationship between a mentor and student is important and works towards building her students’ confidence and passion for dance.