Elite Classical Ballet Soloists
The Apprentice Company (TAC), a pre-professional division of TEAMdpa, the programme delivers a specialised training for Soloists in Classical Ballet and Contemporary for outstanding Apprentice Team students. It is a prerequisite to be part of the TEAMdpa Apprentice Programme before selected to be a TAC dancer.
The prerequisite is not required for PSLE, O’ Levels and A Levels Students.
The Apprentice Company (TAC Ballet) Structure:
– Train in Classical Ballet Variations, conditioning, stretching and strengthening.
– Non syllabus work focusing on Classical Ballet techniques, performance quality and artistry.
– Participation in Pre-Professional Classical Ballet Competitions such Asian Grand Prix Singapore, Asian Grand Prix Hong Kong, Masterpiece International, New York Grand Prix & World Ballet Grand Prix.
– TAC Dancers will be required to perform Classical Ballet Solo for other competitions.
– Only students with Distinction in last ballet exam are eligible to apply for this Team. TAC dancers are exempted from RAD coaching class, unless they are required.
The Apprentice Company (TAC Contemporary) Structure:
All TAC are encouraged to join an optional Contemporary class which train their skills in Contemporary Techniques besides Classical Ballet on a weekly basis. (For 8yo & above)
– A consistent training regime in the contemporary dance technique will grow the dancer’s understanding and confidence in performing the technique.
Learn the various contemporary techniques such as Cunningham, Graham, Limón and Release Technique.
– To prepare them in Pre Professional platforms for Contemporary Solo such as Asian Grand Prix, Masterpiece International and Youth America Grand Prix.
– To enhance their opportunities in Direct School Admission Auditions.
Yearly, registrations for Audition opens in June and Auditions will happen in July.