Ms Cindy Luimenta
RAD CBTS Ballet Mistress
- Ballet (RAD Syllabus)
The Royal Academy of Dance (ARAD)
The Royal Academy of Dance Solo Seal Award
RAD Vocational Graded – Advanced 2 for Classical Ballet
RAD Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
Cindy Luimenta is a passionate and committed ballet teacher who is keen to share her love of ballet. She has been teaching classical ballet since 2014. Whilst so, she also competed in ballet in various national and international competitions, including the prestigious RAD Genee in London in 2015. In the same year, at the age of 18, she attained the Solo Seal Award, the highest vocational graded examination from RAD, possibly making her the only person from her hometown in Indonesia who has accomplished this feat at that time. All of these while still managing to successfully complete her full-time undergraduate studies in Accounting (Taxation) with Magna Cum Laude in 2018.
Her love for ballet started since she was 7. She completed the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabi from grade 3 – Advanced 2 with straight Distinctions and received her ARAD in 2016, all under with the tutelage of Ang Hwa Eng, Shirley Oei and Anny Liana of Aurora Ballet Centre, Medan – Indonesia.
Dance is her passion and will always be for years to come. The following are her involvement and achievements in dance:
- In 2010, won “The most outstanding student in Ballet” award from RAD Summer School in Indonesia for higher grade classes.
- In 2012, won “The most outstanding student in Ballet” and “The most outstanding student in Hip Hop” from RAD Summer School in Indonesia. First participant who had received two awards in one summer school season in Indonesia. Also won first prize in the ballet competition for advanced level in Aurora Ballet Centre in the same year.
- In 2013, won the first prize in Biore Blossom Star dance competition (province-level). Also won runner-up prize for DBL Dance Competition (province-level). She was also the chairperson of Dance club in her school.
- In 2015, semi-finalists in Genee International Ballet Competition 2015, London. She was the first Indonesian who was awarded with the Darcey Bussell Genee Bursary.
- In 2016, won 2nd runner-up in Dance Prix Indonesia, senior category and received 50% scholarship for Singapore Ballet Academy (SBA) Master Class. In the same year, she has participated in Summer School in Singapore.
- In 2017, finalists in Dance Prix Indonesia, senior category. Won 5th place in Malaysia International Ballet Grand Prix (MIBGP), Senior Category in Kuala Lumpur in the same year.
As a ballet teacher, Cindy believes that teachers must always put effort in understanding their students’ needs. Although improving students’ dance technique is vital, she also believes that shaping the students’ characters is one of the most important aspects in teaching. She is currently pursuing her Royal Academy of Dance Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) and full time Ballet Teacher in Dancepointe Academy Singapore.