Ms Angela Yie
RAD Registered Ballet Mistress
- Jazz (ATOD Syllabus)
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD)
RAD Vocational Graded – Advanced 2 for Classical Ballet
Royal Academy of Dance Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
Ms. Angela Yie began her dance training under the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Classical Ballet in Medan, Indonesia. She completed all Graded level to Grade 8 and The RAD Vocational Graded – Advanced 2 with Distinction and Merit Scores. In addition, she had attained ATOD Jazz Gold Star Level with Honour Plus under our founder, Ms. Lena Foo.
Angela has been an active dancer and widened her exposure on various platforms such as :
- In 2012, Angela participated in the 14th CSTD Asia Pacific Dance Competition in Hong Kong, and the 14th CSTD Singapore Competition with a Contemporary dance piece. Her group won the 2nd position at the Singapore Dance Competition.
- In 2013, her team at the CSTD Perth Dance Festival won the Championship for Contemporary Open Group category. And in the 15th CSTD Singapore Competition, the group won a 3rd position.
- In 2014, she and her team participated in ATOD Hong Kong Pan Asia Dance Competition and won Gold award for a contemporary piece and her Trio dance item won the Silver Medal.
- In 2015, she participated in the Dance Grand Prix Europe in Barcelona, the group won Overall Champion, First in Contemporary Dance and First in Ethnic Dance.
- In 2016, she participated in “A Celebration In Dance” at Esplanade Theatre presenting Mr.Dan Kwoh’s choreography.
It has always been Angela’s goals to combine her ability to be a passionate and enthusiastic teacher in developing young artists’ potential. With that in mind, she was active in all Dancepointe Dance Immersions to Melbourne 2013, New York 2014 and London 2015, New Zealand 2017 to explore more in choreographies, ballet, jazz and contemporary dances.
She has been choreographing concert performance and also competition item for CSTD Dance Competition and RAD Challenge. And she’s part of mentor for TeamDPA in 2017 & 2018.
Under the mentorship of our Founder, Ms. Lena Foo, Angela has completed the Royal Academy of Dance Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS Programme) and also one of the recipients of Dancepointe CBTS Sponsorship Programme.