9 Days 8 Nights Seoul Dance Exchange Programme – Universal Ballet Company and Sunhwa Arts School
As part of Dancepointe Academy DPA’s objectives in delivering Overseas Exchange opportunities, we are pleased to bring a total of 42 DPA students from our Grade 6 to Advanced level to Korea; Seoul, from the 11th to 19th December 2016, for a dance exchange programme. This programme is a highlight for our whole year’s programme, besides the Dance Educational tours to Singapore Dance Theatre and The Esplanade. We are pleased to have such great opportunities with these prestigious dance company and institution for an exchange. Through this exchange, we will achieve the following objectives:
- Experience and exposure of receiving classes in internationally renowned dance companies and schools. Universal Ballet Company (UBC), Universal Ballet Academy (UBA) and Sunhwa Arts School.
- Expose dancers to the unique dance culture in Korea. Explore Seoul Arts Centre
- Provide great inspiration to our students
- Enhance friendships and bonding among DPA and Korean dance students
- Visits to places of interests such as Seoul Tower, Hongik University Street, Shinchon Fashion streets, Myeongdong, Dongdaemum, and Namsan Hanok Village
*Highlight : Sunhwa Arts students will be dancing together with DPA students and foster good learning experiences together.
Universal Ballet Company is based in Seoul, Korea with dancers and staff from more than a dozen countries throughout Europe, the US and Asia. UBC embodies the blending of the grace and harmony of Asian culture with the strength and beauty of western ballet. Dedicated to preserve the rich tradition of European classical ballet and following the trends in contemporary choreography, the company continues to be the leading force of ballet in Korea.
Sunhwa Arts School offers a 6-year program of study that includes a fully accredited middle and high school academy program with pre-professional course in Ballet. Sunhwa’s ballet program is based on the Vaganova method of classical Ballet, designed in the early 20th century in Russia.