Dancepointe’s mission is to spread dance as a form of art through education and creativity and to provide a conducive environment and ample opportunites for dancers
We focus ” Dance as an Education”
Dance is an artistic form of nonverbal communication
Education means a dedication to continual enrichment and development of all our constituencies by:
- Illuminating the technical and artistic elements of dance, music, and the related theatre arts
- Teaching ballet techniques and related arts to students, ensuring a broad understanding of each
- Developing a new generation of artists and continuing to expand the horizons of current professional dancers and staff
- Relating the dance heritage of the past to the contemporary works of today
Creativity means developing new works and approaches to the art of ballet while preserving ballet’s rich legacy. We intend to accomplish this by:
- Examining and presenting the art form in new ways in the context of what has come before
- Creating new works: allowing new choreographic voices to be heard
- Fostering and promoting individual expression in all of us
Through this mission we will significantly advanced ballet as an art form, enrich the cultural life of our community, and create a heightened sense of excitement and reward for those who join us.
Come and share with us Our Mission today!